- Utilises a 3-point pressure system to slow down the progression of a bunion
- Adjustable velcro strap enables optimal positioning of the big toe
- Medical-grade PE construction ensures stability while latex/faux leather pads provides comfort and protection.
- Designed as a resting splint which is ideally to be worn at home when resting, particularly at night time.
- Comes as a pair
Designed to straighten a bunion (hallux valgus) and prevent the big toe from overlapping, our ActiveRestore Fixed Bunion Splint utilises a 3-point pressure system that’s intended to slow down the progression of the bunion.
This bunion splint is simple and easy to use – simply slide it over your big toe and secure the splint using the adjustable velcro strap – the tighter it’s secured, the more pressure is applied to push the big toe outwards; as a result it gradually straightens the bunion.
Its latex and faux leather pads at each pressure point provides a comfortable wear for hours when resting, especially when used as a night splint.
Although bunions are usually not a serious cause for concern, they can cause many problems including pain and discomfort, irritation, blisters and sometimes even infection. By straightening the bunion with our ActiveRestore Fixed Bunion Splint, these symptoms can be relieved as the protrusion of the bunion recedes.
Please Note: A bunion splint does not correct a bunion and can only alleviate some symptoms and slow down the progression of the bunion in low-to-mild cases.
How to Use the ActiveRestore Fixed Bunion Splint
Although it may look complicated, it’s actually very quick and easy to use our ActiveRestore Fixed Bunion Splint. Just follow these 3 simple steps:
- Slide the bunion splint over your big toe affected by the bunion, with the white padding facing towards you first.
- Pull the velcro strap to tighten the bunion split which in turn will push your big toe outwards. Adjust its tightness so that you feel slight pressure without pain.
- Once you’re used to that level of pressure, tighten it bit by bit every few weeks so that there’s a gradual straightening of the bunion.
You may feel slight discomfort when wearing a bunion splint at first, but this should lessen after your big toe gets used to its new position. You should aim to wear the splint for 2-4 hours daily/nightly.
If you feel any severe pain then you should loosen it slightly and wear it for a shorter period of time. However, if the pain still persists, then we advise you to stop using the bunion splint and see your local GP or a foot specialist.
We are confident in the effectiveness of all our products and each one is backed by our 2 year guarantee.